The Emperor Protects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Mission 5] Stalker

3 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

[Mission 5] Stalker Empty [Mission 5] Stalker

Post by GoldenThrone Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:59 pm

OOC- this mission will function similar to the way that mission 1 and 3 did. There are locations, and to travel between, just say so and I will arbitrate if anything happens en route. What follows is a list of locations, including tunnel locations. Other details, like personnel in the base, are included.

Locations- Command centre - officers give orders from here, see to running everything. Half a dozen guards here.
Armory - most secure area in the station, located at the heart of the base; 30 stormtroopers are stationed here at all times, even when the base isn't on alert.
Materiel depot - includes foodstuff, etc (used for storing capitol ship grade materiel. As a note- anything in here is far to big to be of use to you; this is located at the spaceward edge so as to be accessible for ships that need it and occupies most of the base area) This facility boasts 40 armed guards who patrol the massive cargo bay in groups of 10
Barracks and Officers quarters and offices - on the outer periphery of the base, with the mess hall in the middle. These wrap around the outside of the above 3 areas. There are 2 'new' tunnels connecting into this area, and as a consequence armed guards have been placed here too. Groups of 10 guard near the tunnel entrances, which are in corridors. Tension is high as everyone is afraid that the tunnels will appear in the actual sleeping chambers, and as a consequence areas of the materiel depot are being converted for sleeping.
Mess hall
maintenance tunnels - these connect all the necessary background systems, like power generation and life support. Typically the maintenance tunnels are accessed only by the servitors, rarely used by the tech adepts. The most isolated section of the base, 3 new tunnels have appeared in this section. The first missing patrol was sent to this area, and the missing persons have all been reported from the maintenance tunnels.

Personnel-
179 inquisitorial storm troopers
59 monotask servitors
46 inquisitorial adepts (non combatants; 18 tech-adepts, 28 pencil pushers)
12 officers

You begin in the command centre, having armed yourself from the inquisitorial armory here in Eclipse station and from the Vanguard waiting a safe distance away.

Palus may roll Tactics Defensive Doctrine to help bolster morale of the men and help defend from the tunnel monsters; Tarlocke may roll Tactics Stealth and Recon when you attempt to approach the tunnels.

A note on rolling for Tarlocke- we just use whatever roller we have on hand (I use an app on my phone) and post the result. Its all honour code here.

GoldenThrone
Admin

https://dwkm.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

[Mission 5] Stalker Empty Re: [Mission 5] Stalker

Post by Legendary Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Defensive doctrine 22. In addition I'll spend enough time to 'Improve Cover' (by my int bonus) on each hole to give it the full bonus.

PS: My awareness this whole time should have been +20 from helmet and being a space marine. So there is a chance I may have passed a test. Maybe.

"Brother Tarlocke, I must admit I care a great deal for the people of the Imperium. I try to save as many as I can. I will place myself in danger's way if necessary.

While working he continued to brief Tarlocke.

"In terms of this rock, I believe it would be safe to assume our communications will begin to be difficult once inside the tunnels. I believe we should leave all contact VOX external to power armour and remain sight distance away from each other.

"In addition, my preference would be to explore the most recent tunnel in the maintenance section. It has the largest number of instances and the greatest disappearance rate.

"I suspect this Xenos is some sort of burrowing creature, who has landed from space and is eating and perhaps nesting here. Of course there is also a chance there are more than one."

He had not paused until he had finished, allowing Markus to argue or question as he would.
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:42 pm

OOC- I need clarification on your improve cover- you are essentially giving the defenders some sort of bulwark available at each hole?

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:54 pm

Yes.
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:22 am

You construct bulwarks that have cover armour of 5.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:19 am

When you finish constructing your minor defenses, the station commander approaches you.

"If you are ready to begin exploring, I have a squad of 20 stormtroopers ready to support you, if you want them."

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:09 am

"I have no interest in endangering your men, nor do I believe in close quarters would more men be useful."

Despite being a kind gesture, the feeling left was one of estrangement and lack of trust, as was Palus' personality.
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowgen Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:07 pm

"Brother Tarlocke, I must admit I care a great deal for the people of the Imperium. I try to save as many as I can. I will place myself in danger's way if necessary," said the techmarine.

Tarlocke could only agree. "It gladdens me to hear you say that - second to our Emperor, our duty is to Mankind," he'd said, letting the techmarine continue with his briefing while he listened intently. At its end, he gave an approving grunt. "You may very well be right, Brother. Though I advice caution regardless - we may be subjected to deception."

"As for the question of your men, commander, I share Palus' sentiment. We will be fighting in close quarters and increased numbers might hamper our movement or result in collateral damage."

Rowgen

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:28 pm

The tunnel entrance you have selected to explore first is large -- larger than you were perhaps led to believe. It is eight feet wide, and fills the height of the corridor. Its interior is clearly rough cut stone, and looked as though it had been dug in haste with multiple pick axes. The tunnel appears to roughly maintain its dimensions. And it is dark. Your helmets compensate for the darkness perfectly, but it would indicate that whatever is in there doesnt need light either.

How do you proceed?

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:02 pm

With chainsword and bolter drawn, cautious yet at an appropriate speed. I will switch my vox to external. I will keep aware of anything that may indicate a recent entrance or egress, water marks, slime, steaming rock, anything out of the ordinary.

If required for a roll- awareness: 84. I suck.
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowgen Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Tarlocke would follow much of the same procedures as Palus. Vox switched to external and eyes peeled. He had drawn his power sword and power axe for the occasion - ready to engage, should the creature emerge in an ambush.

Rowgen

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:59 pm

OOC- just a quick check Rowgen- Tarlocke is currently carrying both sword and axe, correct? Just so we are both on the same page, Tarlocke does not yet have the talents to make multiple attacks (needing at minimum Two Weapon Wielder melee or Swift Strike). He can use the axe as his attack and the sword to parry however.

IC- The tunnel makes a gradual descent for about 12 meters, dropping perhaps half a meter for every two meters traveled so that by the time you are 12 meters in, the tunnel has traveled downward its full diameter and then some. It levels out briefly, and about 20 meters in you encounter your first obstacle.

There is a new tunnel intersecting this one. It is approximately the same diameter, and intersects it from a lower plane. In fact, this new tunnel, which comes into your tunnel from the right side, comes in at a lower angle of about 40 degrees (as in, the intersecting tunnel comes into yours from the bottom and side). It is possible to go around it, but the footing looks treacherous. Going down this side passage would prove difficult as well, requiring climbing to safely make any descent there.

OOC- you may roll awareness to attempt to discover xenos in the intersecting tunnel. I will handle applying your bonuses.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:22 pm

Roll: 91. I can't catch a break.

"Brother, I think our culprit may be in the centre of this asteroid. My intuition is to go downwards. However, I have a great advantage in climbing given my servo-arm can be used as an anchor point. Which path do you believe can keep your combat capability?"
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowgen Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:41 am

GoldenThrone wrote:OOC- just a quick check Rowgen- Tarlocke is currently carrying both sword and axe, correct?  Just so we are both on the same page, Tarlocke does not yet have the talents to make multiple attacks (needing at minimum Two Weapon Wielder melee or Swift Strike).  He can use the axe as his attack and the sword to parry however.

OOC: That was my intention! I am well aware that I can't use them both at once, but I'll be using the axe offensively and the sword defensively. Also I rolled a natural 1 on Perception. I can see music.

IC:

"Either should work," answered Tarlocke. "If you climb first, I'll follow after to cover you, Brother. Then you can keep watch while I make the climb after."

Rowgen

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:51 am

OOC- Thamks Rowgen! I have run enough of these games that I know even veterans forget rules sometimes. One game I had an Iron Snakes player who built a custom chapter with a chapter trapping that was essentially a thriwing powerfist with balanced. I nerfed it, and he tried using it in a fight anyway...

IC- Tarlocke sees clearly that the hole going down is empty; the corridor ahead is also empty.

To climb down: the distance is 6m, but because the descent is 40 degrees, you both get +20 to your strength test for climbing. Palus, a roll of 100 will fail (even though with your servo arm you test against 105)

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowgen Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:55 am

OOC: And the Strength Bonus from the Power Armor applies? So I fail at a roll of 90?

Rolled 20.

IC:

"Let us descend," said Tarlocke.

Rowgen

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:59 am

OOC- exactly. So you pass with enough DOS to get down in one round.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowgen Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:04 am

OOC: This action is delayed until Palus has climbed. I just wanted to roll and be done with it. Razz

Rowgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:14 am

If I roll 100, I deserve whatever is coming to me. I was hoping to use it to anchor myself, climb down, re anchor, climb down, and so on.

Roll: 14
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:32 am

Both of you make the climb successfully and quickly.

At the bottom, the tunnel progresses more or less evenly for about eight meters before turning sharply to the left.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:34 am

Unless there is a turn, I continue whilst being as aware as I can be.
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowgen Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:55 am

Tarlocke proceeded in much the same manner. Having reached the ground, he drew his axe again, while relying on the maglock to supply him with the sword in case of an ambush. He hooks a left when the tunnel does.

Rowgen

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:20 pm

The tunnel, now moving parallel to the tnnel you climbed down from, comes to a 4 way intersection after about 10 meters. The tunnel is intersected byanother tunnel running perpendicular to it.

3 awareness checks each. Specify if you are checking left, right, or straight ahead.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:51 pm

In the order you indicated:
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowgen Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:04 am