The Emperor Protects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Mission 4] Briefing

2 posters

Go down

[Mission 4] Briefing Empty [Mission 4] Briefing

Post by GoldenThrone Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:48 am

For six months you see to daily duties, rituals, and training.  It is not lost on you that there always seems to be someone nearby, watching.  Finally you are summoned to Kaablane again.  Achmedes is there too.

"Two months ago a mid-sized Ork Waaagh! entered the south eastern fringe of Jericho Reach.  We deployed a kill team to slow them until Guard regiments could be mobilized in response.  The kill team was engaged in covert operatiobs, mostly sabotage, and were recieving orders by astropath.

"Recently our astropathic communications have been blocked.  Similarly our sub space communications have failed, and reports inducate that the Waaagh! has somehow constructed a void shield over their position strong enough to withstand an orbital barrage.  The horde is preparing something and we are unable to deploy our team to prevent it.

"You two will be deployed into the mission area with a secret orders packet for the kill team. However, the fact that the greenskins can block our astropaths indicates the presence of at least one incredibly powerful psyker. In order to stop it from ripping the orders from your minds they will be implanted and then buried. Achmedes will have the orders psychically blockef, and Palus will have chemical amnesia covering the orders. When you locate the kill team, they have both an apothecary and a librarian who know the techniques required to retrieve the orders."

OOC- There is more info but you may begin to ask questions

GoldenThrone
Admin

https://dwkm.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

[Mission 4] Briefing Empty Re: [Mission 4] Briefing

Post by GoldenThrone Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Captain Kasblane continued with the briefing. "The orks have set up their base, such as it is, in a mountainous region, in three interconnected valleys. According to our last reports they were preparing for something, but the details were clouded.

"You may select any path into the mission area you like; either a jump pack or a bike will be provided to you should you feel it is required (OOC- no requisition cost; remember a jump pack cannot be used with a servo arm), and in addition I have arranged something special -- an auxiliary grenade launcher for each of you, with two clips of krak grenades each. They should help slow down the ramshackle orkish vehicles (OOC- Aux grenade clips have the same effect as a thrown grenade, but they are different shapes. A thrown grenade cannot be used in an aux launcher).

"It is to you to decide how you wish to proceed. Inform me of your plans and then make preparations to leave."

OOC- you can choose any method you want to close the gap. You can attempt stealth, go on foot, jump pack, bike. You can go through the valleys or over the mountains, though jump pack is recommended for the mountains and bike would be better for the valley. The mission is not concluded when you deliver the orders.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:14 am

So I am like a sleeper cell with the orders? I will auto-deliver when I see the kill team? Can I choose the devastator for this mission? Am I not immune to mind influencing psyker stuff from being machine? I don't have the book in front of me, I think I am at 16 renown, do I have an actual requisition point allotment (and does 16 renown give me the next level?)
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:23 am

Holy questions batman...
You do not auto deliver. The other team has to get the orders from you, via apothecary.
You have the orders hidden by chemical amnesia. Achmedes has them psychically implanted.
Partway through the mission Achmedes will be temporarily replaced by a dev, but for the initial part Achmedes is your sidekick (part plot, part I cant find his character sheet).
20 renown for the next level. An exception is being made to get you the launchers.
Thete is a requisition allotment. I will give it to you when the briefing is done. It is at least 30 points.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:26 am

So the kill team is in the valley? Is the powerful psyker suspected to be in the valley or just in the area? Any info about the orks and what they have in the valley? What are the kill teams details?
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:54 am

"You will be given a waypoint marker indicating the teams most recent location.  After that you will gind them or they will find you.  In order to block our asropaths the psyker is in the mission area.

"The kill team is lead by Brother Champion Kalix Mortus.  It includes a librarian, apothecary, devastator, and tactical marine.

"Intel about the orks indicates sevetal thousand boyz, and many assorted vehicles. Guard assets will mobilize to deal with the mass of greenskins."

Last edited by GoldenThrone on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:58 am

"I believe those are all my questions Captain. I will fulfil the will of the Emperor."
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:10 pm

OOC- you get 35 requisition to spend. Remember to make any exp expenditures before the mission begins.

IC- "Excellent. Make preparations to leave immediately."

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:18 pm

I will be take a space marine bike. However, if I can I would like to twin-link flamers (20 pts, 2x10?) in place of my twin linked bolters and a combi-tool.

If I may not, I will take a combi-tool (15 pts), a flamer (10 pts), a melee chain attachment (8 pts).

I'll spend my experience on my character sheet before I post my first post in mission 4.
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Achmedes takes 3 sets of cluster mines, a cartograph, and a clip of kraken rounds.

I will launch the mission soon.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:31 am

I forgot Oath! Do you want to make the oath or do you want Achmedes to do it?

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:32 am

I was Oath of knowledge against orks. He is welcome to take his own.
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am

Current Objectives: Find the Kill Team, Deliver Orders

You may, as the leader, nominate other objectives along the way.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down