The Emperor Protects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Mission 1] Briefing

2 posters

Go down

[Mission 1] Briefing Empty [Mission 1] Briefing

Post by GoldenThrone Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:56 pm

OOC- if I use references you dont understand let me know, or if you have questions

IC-
The briefing chamber is small and stern, with high ceilings and gothic buttresses. Iconography if the Inquisition, Ordo Xenos and the Deathwatch is placed to remind whomever might occupy this room of their sacred oath and duty to protect the Imperium of man from the taint of the Xeno.

There are no chairs here. The only furniture is a podium in the centre of the room. The podium is equipped with a holo-prohector to aid in briefings.

You have three brothers in this room. Each wear the black of the Deathwatch, with pride in their silver cased arms. You can identify them by their gear and the chapter markings on one shoulder. One is a Dark Angel, whose narthecium and reductor identify him as an apothecary. There is a tactical marine from Ultramar, and a Storm Warden assault marine.

One of the portals to the chamber opens. In walks a man whose bald head bears three service studs- an impressive amount of years given to the Emperor. He is decorated with the Halo, Crux, Skull, and two Aquilas. His heraldry shows him to be an Imperial Fist.

"I am Watch Captain Josiah Kasblane," the newcomer begins in a powerful and commanding voicr. "You take your orders from me directly." With hardly a pause he launches into the mission details. "We received an astropathic distress call from a mining outpost on a small moon several systems away. It came from a minor Rogue Trader named Kharos. Normally we would not respond, but this call contained disturbing images that Ordo Xenos deemed threat level Ultra. Here is the image."

On the holo-projector appeared an image. It was of a cluster of opaque violet crystals hovering and surrounded by a nimbus of light that matched its colour, except paler. Extending from the crystals in jagged arcs were beams of light, and on the end of each beam was a corpse, held floating as if it were some kind of meat shield.

"Ordo Xenos believes the mining operation uncovered a Yu'Vath tomb, as this has been identified as one of their constructs. Your orders are simple: set enough demolition charges to collapse everything - the mine, the facility. Everything. Bury it utterly. If you find Master Kharos, rescue him if possible. You will be issued enough demolition charges to accomplish you objective. Questions?"

OOC- ask questions if you have them. Otherwise you have 40 req to spend on the mussion. Tip: dont focus too heavily on guns.

GoldenThrone
Admin

https://dwkm.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

[Mission 1] Briefing Empty Re: [Mission 1] Briefing

Post by Legendary Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:24 am

OOC - what is a rogue traders relationship to space marines?

Why do we care about him? Rogue seems to indicate pirate.

Should I know what alien race that is?

When you say don't rely on guns, what does that actually mean?

What is threat level Ultra?

What do the captains decorations mean?

IC - "Brothers I believe my appearance tells you my aptitude. I am not sure if you have had the honour of serving together, but I am new to your number. What role would you prefer I fill, or shall I select my own?"

After waiting for a response I'll flex my servo-arm. My voice is a robotic emotionless vox with a harmony to it. "I must also address the possibility of a minor disagreement between codex astartes and my conduct. Iron hands and the adeptus mechanicus have served the emperor faithfully since the beginning and I shall be no different. I take no issue with orders and shall be a brother to you in battle like one of your own chapter."
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:27 am

Rogue traders are private citizens wealthy enough to purchsse and refit a capitol class starship. They obtain a trade license from the High Lords of Terra and are responsible for the vast majority of trade, exploration, and colonization of the Imperium. In times of battle many can, and do, contribute warships and thousands of foot soldiers to the Imperium.

You care because he is an imperial citizen, but if he gets in the way he can die. His survival is nice but not necessary. That doesnt mean you can execute him.

You should only know that threat level Ultra makes this xenos bad on the scale of a rogue psyker who can open the warp. Dangerous alone, but catastrophic if not dealt with quickly.

Dont rely on guns = pick up something to enhance your fighty but dont forget to look at the armory tools.

Captains decorations mean that since he has joined deathwatch he has proben himself wortht of sergeant equivalent, terminator honours, and becoming watch captain.

If you want to be team leader speak up. Otherwise the ultramarine will be.

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:23 pm

With no direct questions as yet, Kasblane continued on. "A strike cruiser is being dispatched to the region in 3 standard hours. You will be landed via Thunderhawk, though the strike cruiser must move on. You may take the thunderhawk in system to catch the cruiser, or you may attempt to obtain transport with Master Kharos."

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:47 pm

OOC:
If permitted, I will take Oath of Knowledge and be the Team Leader.  I will select from the following equipment for the mission:
-Standard Deathwatch Space Marine loadout
-Astartes Chainsword (5 req)
-Metal Storm Rounds (15 req)
-Kraken Rounds (5 req)
-Astartes Harness (4 req)
-Astartes Combi-Tool (15 req)
-Multikey (15 req)

Not all of this will be used, this is just in case you give details that have me alter this list.

IC:
"Captain, I have some questions regarding the mission.  I will share them with you in hopes of increasing our success.

How many suns or how much light does this moon have?  What is the gravity like?  How deep into the moon is the mine?  Is this footage from the mine?  What are they mining?  Can you refer us to an Ordo Xenos adept or higher to inform us better of the threat?  What is the cruisers speed should we be delayed on planet?  If we exterminate the Xenos threat, shall we re-evaluate our demolition directive?"

Last edited by Legendary on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Fire selector and mag boots are redundant. In helmet the vox caster is redundant and the goggles probably are redundant. I have to doubke check helmet auto senses.

IC- "Lighting and gravity are irrelevant. Your helm provides perfect dark vision, and your suits mag-boots will compensate for any gravity anomaly. The mine shaft runs 300 feet into the mine, though it operates on a dozen levels between that point and the surface. Its contents are registered as crystalline conductor raw material and alloy ingredients for adamantine.

"The cruisers mission is of an investigative nature. You may be required to obtain transport from the Rogue Trader if the cruiser has departed the system. The presence of this Xenos neccessitates the complete destruction of the facility. Demolition is your primary objective.

"You will be provided maps of the mining facility itself. As for an Adept, I will see if one is available. See to your gear and I will dispatch one to you if possible."

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:06 pm

"By your leave captain." I bow, and leave for the armoury. I will select:

-Kraken Rounds (5 req). Constructs, crystals and metal bodies seem like they will be thick.
-Astartes Chainsword (5 req). The foes of the emperor will be scattered, literally and figuratively.
-Cybernetic Augur Array (15 req). Unsure if they are 'alive' but this may help.
-Astartes Combi-tool (15 req). No idea what I am going to run into machine wise down there. Any number of machines could be used in mining.
-However many explosives we require, split evenly between us. Discussing support columns and entry points are the keys the team will discuss when using these.

I await the adept. If he does not show, then we leave in 3 hours time. If that is the case, there are more useful Oath's the ultramarine tactical marine could select as team leader. If he does show, we will select Oath of Knowledge and I will lead.
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenThrone Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Before, but only slightly before, you depart the Adept arrives. He is a small man, much of his head and face removed and replaced with assorted bionic relays, including a mass of tentacle-like cables sprouting from the back of his skull - direct neuro interfaces for massive databanks.

"Milords," he greets you in a mechanical, emotionless voice. "I understand you seek information about the Yu'Vath.

"Accessing stored memory bank files.

"The Yu'Vath were a petty Xenos empire encountered by the Angevin Crusade in 359 M39. Their Empire took four years to crush. Casualties among crusade forces are listed at 173,758 Imperial Guard soldiers, 27,345 members of the Imperial Navy; munitions, tanks, support vehicles..." the Adept drones for a few minutes with statistics and losses.

"All records of this Xenos species have been purged, labelled Xenos Techno Hereticus. The file has an attached note. It reads: Yu'Vath Xenos purged. Exterminatus on three worlds. Noted for use of warp energy in making constructs. Deemed threat level Ultra. Utterly destroy all contacts. That is all. May the Emperor protect."

"Milords, that is the sum total of information that is available. I am pleased to have been of service." With that the Adept leaves. Evidently his mind is more focused on a different task.

The Kill team selects its gear.
Apothecary:
Diagnosticator Helmet (15)
Auspex (12)
Melee Attachment (Chain) (9)
4 req remain

Assault Marine
Stummer (5)
Pict Recorder (5)
Dipole Maglock (on Chainsword)(5)
4 Extra Frag Grenades (4)
Long Range Vox Caster (10)
Extra Demolition Charges (10)
1 req remain

Tactical Marine
Cartograph (5)
Chainsword w/ Dipole Maglock (10)
Flamer (10)
Sacred Unguents (20; uses 5 leftover req)

GoldenThrone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:31 am

OOC: Cheerio? Carry on? Forward always forward? Chapter 2?
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down