The Emperor Protects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Techmarine stuff

Go down

Techmarine stuff Empty Techmarine stuff

Post by GoldenThrone Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:07 am

So, a whole bunch of verditcs:

#1: Having reviewed The Flesh Is Weak and the Machine trait extensively and compared that to the Techmarine template/rules etc, I have determined that the Machine trait is fully balanced and valid. Therefore, commencing immediately you have full Machine trait. As a specific note: Toxic quality weapons will still hurt you, either by being acidic/introducing contaminants into machined systems/being from the warp, or whatever. Also, a vacuum will do damage if you aren't in your full armour. Until your body is 100% metal (and therefore a robot), vacuum will hurt. But you won't die, as the rules say you can survive.

#2: The Servo Arm is only ever capable of 1 attack per turn, even with the multiple attack talents. I draw this information from 2 sources: first, the servo harness specifically says that it can make use of multiple attack talents for all weapons, while the servo arm does not. Second, the servo arm specifies Standard Attack or Reaction only, and neither of those allows for more than one attack. Any multiple attack action would have to be taken with a weapon in the hand like a chainsword.

#3: Servo Harness stuff: Advantages over servo arm: first, multiple attacks are possible, provided you have the right talents for it (this is where those extra arms happen). Second, it allows multiple attacks using any combination of weapons on the harness, provided they are legal for the situation. The reaction may be used to make a single shot with either the flamer or the plasma pistol, again dependent upon weapon class.

So, there you have it. As near as I can tell that is the most accurate interpretation of the rules.

GoldenThrone
Admin

https://dwkm.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down